Thursday, November 06, 2008

shattered, but fatter

Hurrah! the child weighs 500g more than last week = 3.7kgs. Our efforts at extra feeding have paid off and the lady at the clinic is pleased too. I still have to go next week for the check-up regarding his neck/shoulder strength, but hey... small victories.
At what price ? Well, we are more sleep deprived than we've been in some time. I'm shedding obligations like a persian cat near a velvet jacket, in an attempt to stay sane. We're taking it in turns to sleep between 5am and 7am. Keith has an awful cough that he can't kick, which is keeping him up. We all have stuffy noses - thankfully, I seem to be getting over mine.

I don't know about you, but there are few things more yuck-O than toddler's green, slimey or crusty noses. If I get the chance I'm shoving a tissue at Zack and telling him to blow. This morning I had, had it, and got out some ear-buds and cleaned Zack's nose. He had a model nose after that for all of 30 minutes, until it started streaming. Tsk tsk... nice one Ruth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

.... don't feel too despondent. Of course there always has to be something "wrong' with the kids..... there honestly wouldnt be a point to these health workersb positions if everything was "perfect" now would there?
Every child is differant and developes differantly.My three couldn't be more differant.
Recently it was said that they will review the guidelines for childrens growht, (height, length and weight)in N.Z as it's based on American standards and can't really be applied to N.Z. as differant cultures, differant diets (formula or breast milk) etc.
The best thing to do is stay positive (for your own mental sanity) most importantly for the wee one aswel. As he will pick up on your anxiety every time you have a visit.
I symphatize with you greatly! I'm sure all will be well! You're doing a great job! JUST DON'T BE SO HARD ON YOURSELF!!!