Tuesday, August 18, 2009

make mine one with everything...

Recently I took Zack with me to Starbucks (I am addicted. There I've said it). He usually has a lolly. Instead he said he'd have the almond biscotti - my usual accompaniment - because I wasn't ordering it. As I was about to pay, he was offered the "babychino"- I see that Starbucks is now pumping this product big time. Zack quickly accepted and we paid and went and sat down. As soon as I took my seat next to him, he unwrapped the biscotti and handed me one of the two biscuits. He then said,
'Mummy, I'm having a latté".
I was caught completely off-guard.
'I beg your pardon?' I said.
'I'm having a latte.' He repeated.
I just had to laugh. That's my "usual", so he was just saying what he'd always heard. I corrected him with, 'No love, you're having a babychino'.
'Oh,' he said, 'I'm having a 'chino'.
'That's right,' I said.

3 comments:

Zsuzsanna said...

That's so funny! I guess they've got to get them as young as possible...

Greg said...

I'm just waiting for the first time I hear you say, "Do what I say, not what I do!"

Joy said...

Welcome to the Starbucks Club! We have three close by, but I am having to take a break during treatment. Cannot wait to pay one of them a visit! I really need one with a drive thru on the way to work! My Lord! I am really sounding American!! Never thought I'd have to admit to that one!