Saturday, April 29, 2006

5 weeks old today !

My beautiful baby boy is already five weeks old and I'm amazed at how quickly the time has gone. He is so very well, and I am doing better and better. So many people have said how well we both appear and I can't explain it - Zack just seems to be coping well with social situations, and I feel good / more sane for being out amongst adults every day or two. He does get tired, and so do I, but as long as we're careful and don't overdo it, we're coming along nicely. Last night was a bit manic as we were out with Greg, Charlie, Jackie and Claudio until well past 12:30pm, and we were feeling smashed afterwards. But that is the exception rather than the rule.
I'm coping with the feeding during the night and seem to get by on the regular doses of 2 - 3 hours with an hour long feed in between. He is progressing too and manages a 4 hour stretch every now and then, which is a pleasant surprise to me when I roll over and look at the clock and hear him wimpering for food.

My mum is so enjoying being here - cuddling her little grandson each day, and having some time away from home for the month. We took a stream of photos yesterday (Fri), so here are some lovely shots for posterity.

No comments: