Sunday, July 22, 2007

here we go again !

Poor Zack. Now we're teething again and he's been a miserable little blighter. Mostly he's happy, adventurous and delightful, but with these teeth coming through he's suffering with all the side-effects. He has the worst nappy rash I've ever seen on him - welts on his bum - it's just horrid. I'm trying to use the 'fresh air' option as much as possible. But (and it's a big but) it's all about timing. I have to wait until he's poo'd, so that I don't have to clean that up, then it's off with the nappy and running around like a mad thing. Inevitably it ends in him pee'ing on something (the carpet, his toys, the floor), which ends the 'air time' and we're back in our nappy with the welts chaffing.
I thought things were improving yesterday, and then this morning I wanted to weep... they looked just hideously sore. He had more than an hour of fresh air while we picnicked in Greenwich Park this afternoon. That seems to have helped a bit. But he's got slightly upset, acidic poos which are not helping at all. Man Oh Man, what can a mum do ? I'm using barrier-cream at every nappy change, Bepanthen at the moment, as it's a new tube so very viscous. But it doesn't really assist with healing.

Poor little chap. I hope that this'll clear in the next 24 hours.

1 comment:

Ryan Lambert said...

Hey !

Been trying to reach you via email but Yahoo is unable to deliver...

Please let us know how else to email you guys, we are planning a trip via London in September and would love to see you again !

Regards
Ryan, Lanelle & Cezanne