Monday, July 02, 2007

summer holidays





We've had a glorious two weeks of sunshine in Croatia - 30˚C every day, with clear skies and a light breeze. One or two days of a cloud which is always welcome. Zack travelled well, and was kind to Keith and I yesterday in that he slept all the way home on the airplane, despite having woken at 5am. Blessed respite!

On the holiday we discovered how much we love balls, that ants are always in a hurry and we can squash them with our finger altho' this isn't intentional. Anything we find is good for eating (eeuuuwwww!), but best of all we like ice-cream when it's hot, and preferably all to ourselves. The world is still my best friend. I can now wave at everyone, and say 'bye bye' if I feel like it. I am not walking by myself, this is too much for me, I am only prepared to walk when attached to either mum or dad's finger. I am still biting out of frustration, and wailing when I get told off, or smacked for indulging my frustration by repeating the action. I love my Gruffalo book, and especially the frogs, the butterfly, the wood-pecker and the squirrels.

I am delighted to be home where I can climb all the stairs again, and play with my toys. My teeth have decided that this is the perfect moment to begin erupting, so I'm not sleeping too well at night. Poor mum & dad, they look shattered today !

No comments: