Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Och Aye Wee Laddie




Brushing teeth with the first brush we could get our hands on.

Our home in the Highlands for a few days in September - Gairloch


Zack and I catching up on some sleep after lunch.


Wonderful time with Pia & Geoff

We've just spent ten wet days in the Scottish Highlands. Zack made friends with man and wee beasties alike, and seems to have mastered a few new words. To the current vocabularly we can add,'Juice, Duck, Ladder, Down, Pughhghgghghg (the sound of a car crashing), Car, Bus'. It's amazing actually, how much he understands these days. His favourite of all time tho' is 'Car' - said with such conviction that it's hard not to respond. Bless his little socks.
New frustration mechanism is biting his own hand - usually the right one. So he has lots of marks on the top of his hand. Oh dear me.

He has so enjoyed the time with my mum - I discovered them in bed this morning reading Richard Scarry classics, with loads of pointing and "Car" exclamations.

This evening, sadly, is 'farewell Nanna'. It's all gone by so quickly.


Zack tells us all about Scotland from his guidebook

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Pics! Zack is no longer a baby and Nikki looks great! Please e-mail me - problems with my server lost my address book. Love

Jude said...

I have just spent 3 hours exploring your website, gasping with admiration at the extraordinarily beautiful photograghs - and then came across this lovely pic of my brother Geoff and his family in Scotland! What a treat to "visit" you all in this vicarious way. Keith & Ruth, keep up the gr8 work, I relish your news and pics. Love from Cuzzin Judith in my new home in Broadacres, Fourways.