Monday, July 14, 2008

single digits

And so the time slips away... it's only 9 weeks and 4 days to go now. We had a routine midwife check-up on Saturday morning. Nothing to report. Blood tests came back fine - iron slightly low, but that's to be expected. I'm full of the moans and groans of the heavily pregnant: swollen ankles, hip ache, heartburn, reflux, exhaustion, lack of sleep, blah blah blah. Thankfully these things are only for a time, and then it'll all be over.
We're making some headway on names. The spreadsheet was pulled out last night and we made a list of about 100 names that we both felt could contend. So now we have a top 10 of options. This means that we at least have a plan, even if we change our minds later on. Box ticked.
I need to start looking at my ante-natal notes from the last pregnancy, just to familiarise myself with the options, procedures, etc. I'll feel more prepared once I've done that.

Zack is thriving – seems taller each day and more articulate. He's still pushing every boundary, so there's extra effort going into discipline at the moment. On the upside though, he is incredibly observant and will often see things long before we notice them. He wants to sing songs over and over again so that he can learn the words – initially frustrating for me, but now I'm cottoning on. Yesterday he climbed the stairs and counted to 14 by himself ! He is a genius.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course my great nephew is a genius ... just look at his ancestry! Lotsa Luv.