Saturday, February 11, 2012

reverse psychology

The new way of getting this done at Chez Guthrie is to say the opposite. If I need socks put on, then I say 'not allowed' OR 'you can't do it'. Alternately if either Zack or Calvin show an ability to do something, I then say, 'You are TOO clever. Don't do that again', which leads to much hilarity and repetition as they prove they can do it. Calvin now shouts at me, "Say 'Stop doing that' to me Mommy!" giggle giggle.
Calvin is definitely the mechanically minded child - he loves to observe and tinker with things. I turned Zack's bike upside down, so that he could let the pedals rotate freely. He held onto the chain and moved it back and forth on the teeth of the cogs. He used the brakes and pedals - all very intriguing. He is still obsessed with trains and loves to build his train set in the lounge.
Both he and Zack were delighted with the Scalectrix set they got for Christmas but as it wasn't the most high quality set, the connections have got a bit tired from over-use. tut tut.
Current DVD obsessions are : Ice Age, Dawn of the Dinosaurs; Cars 2 (another Xmas pressie)

No comments: