Monday, December 01, 2014

another gold nugget

So the Christmas season is fast approaching and Calvin has been giving it a lot of thought - as he is want to do. One night at bedtime he comes out with this absolute gem...

Calvin : I know what I want to be one day Mommy
Me : Oh really. That sounds good. tell me what it is ?
Calvin : I want to be a postman. In Lapland.
Me : Aaahhh. And why is that ?
Calvin : So that I can deliver the mail to Santa and see him.
Me : (raised eyebrows) Wow! I'd never thought of that. What a great job. You could !

The discussion went on some, but what a bright little imp he is. And cunning - he's been drafting a letter to Santa since September, and often dropped the question, "Is Father Christmas real?". My standard reply has been that if you believe in him, he is real. Some discussion about staying up late has elicited the standard-parental-line, "If you aren't asleep, he won't come".

The smart little mind has confounded all the theory and gone straight to the home address - Lapland. And who would have free access to that address ? the postman.

He did concede that it'll be pretty cold up there.

No comments: