Tuesday, February 14, 2006

lurve

Valentine's Day 2006
Bit of a non-event in the Guthrie house - we're off to an ante-natal class tonight - and anyway, it gets eclipsed each year by our anniversary which is just 7 days later. I'm not complaining - it gives me an opportunity to resist the commercial madness. So, did I do that this year ? Nah - went and bought a card and some choccies just the same.

Went for a midwife checkup yesterday. Boy-oh-boy ! I was early, and I ended up waiting for an hour and half just for a fundal height measurement and 'wee' listen to the baby's heartbeat, oh yes, and a blood test. Most of my 30 minute appointment was spent with the two midwives showing one another how to use the computer system. I'm lovin it (the NHS that is).

We're now well on the road to being prepared. The pram arrives tomorrow, and I'm borrowing a car-seat from friends. The cot is up, needs a bit of work on the sliding mechanism, but at least the bub has somewhere to sleep. Basically, I guess we're ready.

Physically, I'm feeling good. Tummy is as hard as a rock, and I can feel the baby's bum sticking out on the left side. Thankfully the midwife said the head is down, so nothing to worry about there! Hallelujah ! Baby is still quite active, mostly when I sit or lie down (there are 2 reasons for this - no sloshing around because I'm not moving, and the 'house' is slightly compressed by my pelvis and ribcage when seated), but I'm expecting it's getting quite cramped inside.

We're still debating whether it's a boy or a girl. Heh heh - so are all the friends. And of course the name discussions continue.

I'm hungry, so better go have a bite to eat. There's so little space inside for food these days.

No comments: