Monday, January 16, 2006

I am normal

We had an appointment with the consultant today, and we now have the official report - I am normal!. She measured me, felt the baby's position, listened to the heartbeat (junior was not co-operating, just wriggling around), read the report from the cardiologist... and said that there was no longer any need for me to see her.

So I'm back into the midwife-led care at the Homerton, which means that we have normal birth to look forward to - no high-risk, intervention stuff. Thank the Lord!

FETAL FACTS FOR THIS WEEK :

baby's eyes are now open a lot of the time, and it is practicing 'looking' around. Not much to see, as you can imagine, but it does notice light from the daytime / interior lighting, shining through your skin.

baby's brain has started taking on that wrinkled appearance because it is growing so rapidly. These 'convolutions' contain more brain cells than a smooth surface brain.

No comments: