Tuesday, January 17, 2006

it's heavy to carry around


Slept late this morning because I HAD to stay up all night and finish a book I'd been reading. Felt shattered, but am grateful to Jackie for phoning and getting me out of bed. I really needed to just get up instead of lying there feeling spaced out.

Mum's been asking me for a photo, so I thought I'd better get that done. Once it's up, I won't have to think about photographing myself for the next while.

Feeling fine on the whole, just need to keep a handle on the walking - too much is a bad idea. It just amounts to back pain, and swollen ankles which I'm delighted to avoid where possible.

Did a bit of internet shopping this afternoon. What a pleasure that is! You can just order what you need from the comfort of your desk and chair, and wait for someone to bring it here (and up the stairs). I will put together a list of online maternity / baby websites for the UK. Should be useful for future mums and all the family in SA.

It's Keith's birthday on Sunday and he's been the "super-shopper" recently : new sound system has been arriving in bits and pieces. The last component, the amplifier, arrives tomorrow. He's going to be a very happy birthday boy on Sunday

No comments: