Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Spare a thought

Last night around 10pm my neighbour rang our buzzer to say that she needed to go to the hospital. She's a GP and 25 weeks pregnant (her first). Her husband, also a doctor, is currently abroad, so she's alone. She had been having bad abdominal cramps for 2 - 3 hours, and felt she couldn't ignore them anymore. My heart went out to her. We waited for the ambulance but it didn't show up – and in the end I called a cab, and he was here in 4 minutes. Her mum-in-law had arrived from Wimbledon to be with her, so they left together.
Keith is currently in the USA, for the remainder of this week, and altho' we had discussed an emergency plan (just in case), it really brought it home to me last night. What would I need to do ?

Please say a prayer for my neighbour – I hope she's OK as I've no word yet.

No comments: